Tag: price competitive
Remember end August Fresh Meals Solutions announced the launch (end 2009) of the FreshMealsMagic.
In the meantime Frank Hsu (you secretive thing!) has put up the SousVideMagic 1500D for sale.
What is new with the SousVideMagic 1500D compared to the 1500 B/C versions?
- The power capacity has been raised from 2,000 W to 3,000 W
- 2 digit screens are now available (one for the temperature and one for the timer)
- Possibility to control the temperature of a large pot, up to 35 L
The price of te SousVideMagic 1500D is still very competitive USD 159!
For your information the global cost for the SousVideMagic 1500D to be sent to Europe should be around:
- SousVideMagic 1500D: USD 159 + USD 25 = USD 184 incl. sending to Europe
- Custom duties: EUR 35
- Basic rice cooker: EUR 45
- Input power cord and socket adaptor: approx EUR 16.
Grant total (1 EUR = 1.5 USD): EUR 218
Frank, what about the FreshMealsMagic Bubbler? When will you launch it?
Addélice postponed for 2 weeks the launch of its thermal circulator dedicated to sous vide.
The so called “swid” will be at € 489 incl. VAT and shipping costs. Addélice mentioned on Twitter the introductory price will be at € 449 incl. VAT and shipping! Therefore the swid becomes the most competitive immersion circulator available on the market (click here for a price comparison of immersion circulators). For the record the swid includes a metal protective shield usually provided as an option by other manufacturer. I had the confirmation that the swid is available on 240 V (European standard) but will be manufactured for the North American market (120 V) soon.
The swid features disclosed by addélice are:
- 2,000 Watt heating power
- Circulation pump
- Built-in cooking timer
- Acoustic and optical alarms
- Adaptive PID algorithm
- Protective grid, low water level protection, overheating protection, max. cooking time limiter