Coming soon a review of the most representative sous vide equipment of the market (from the left to the right) on this page :
- SousVide Professional of Polyscience (Immersion Circulator)
- Sous Vide Chef of Vac-Star (Immersion Cirdulator) Swid by Addélice (Immersion Circulator)
- Pearl by Julabo (Immersion Circulator)
- SousVideMagic by FreshMealsSolutions + Bubbler (PID Controler SVM-FMM1500D)
- SousVide Supreme (Unstired PID controlled water bath)
- Sous Vide Chef of Vac-Star (Immersion Circulator)
Julabo is known as the European leader in manufacturing Constant Temperature Circulators used for research, science and industry with a reputation since 1967. Some weeks ago Julabo launched the Fusion Chef Immersion Circulator series devoted to sous vide.
I received some days ago the Pearl an Diamond immersion circulators and could not stand giving you my first impressions of these fabulous pieces of sous vide equipement. Today I’ll show you the Pearl and will post tomorrow about the Diamond. I’ll make a full review of these equipements during the next days and will share my conclusions with you.
The Pearl is sold with a protection grid which is a good point as protection grids are usually sold separatly at EUR 100 . The protection cage is fixed with 4 screws on the down part of the casing which is, in my opinion, not really practical if you want to proceed to a fast cleaning of the immersion circulator after each use.
Pearl’s price list is EUR 899 (excl. VAT?).
Main specifications :
- Temp. range: 20°C to 95°C
- Temp. stability: ± 0,03°C
- Power: 2,000W
- Circulation pump: 14 l/min
- Low-level water alarm
- Safety protection grid
Addendum June 2012 : unfortunately this site doesn’t exist anymore. Therefore I have decided to create my own page that includes tests and reviews of the main sous vide tools of the market.
I was happy to discover some days ago that someone already made the laborious work consisting in comparing immersion circulator prices on the net. Thanks to Molecularcuisine.org who dated this work March 20, 2009.
This comparison is available on a Wiki platform provided by Molecularcuisine.org so that you are free to amend it anytime.
The results of this work shows that the two cheapest immersion circulators available on the net are:
- Fisher Scientific Polystat 36: USD 886 excl. sending costs and VAT (Fisher.com)
- Julabo ED: EUR 852 excl. sending cost and VAT (Laboland.com)
No need to indicate these 2 immersion circulators are the most basics available on the market sold without timer and grid protection.